In 1942, we slept an average of eight hours a night; Today, that number is down to 6.8 hours. Lauren f. friedman, Who have served in "psychology today", "scientific American" and other professional media veteran journalist ,argued that, although people know the importance of sleep, But most of them don't understand the serious consequences of not getting enough sleep. "Business insider", an American technology website, recently published friedman's article, which lists 20 dangers from a multinational study.
1. Short temper: When people focus on something, being interrupted creates negative emotions.Israeli researchers have found sleep deprivation amplifies this negative mood,
2. Feeling down: In his study, Nobel laureate Daniel kahneman found that one of the two factors that influence people's emotions is sleep. In addition, studies have shown that people who sleep well at night are more likely to be in a positive mood and on the other side, can’t seelp well will be in a negative mood.
3. Headache : Scientists are still unable to pinpoint the reasons of the headaches, but studies have found that 36 to 58 percent of sleep-deprived people wake up with a headache.
4. Put on weight: People who don't get enough sleep have an imbalance in their hormones, an increase in appetite, a craving for high-calorie foods and a reduced ability to control impulsive behavior.These factors may lead to rapid weight gain.
5. Blurred vision: The less you sleep, the more likely you are to have visual biases, dark vision, confusion, and even hallucinations.
6. Slow response: Lack of sleep can also dull your response to external events.
7. Gibbering: According to the study, if you don't sleep for 36 hours in a row, it is tend to repeat the same words, slow and slurred, much like a drunk talking.
8. High risk of accident: A man lack of sleep is as dangerous as a drunk driver
9. Susceptible: If you don't get enough sleep, your body's immunity will decrease. If you are often infected with a cold, it is likely that you are not getting enough sleep. Studies have shown that people who sleep less than seven hours a day for two weeks, the risk of catching a cold is three times that of people who sleep more than eight hours.
10. Attenuation of vaccine utility: When you are not getting enough sleep, you get a vaccine
11. More afraid of Pain: Multiple studies have shown that if you don't get enough sleep at night, your body's sensitivity to pain will increase and your tolerance for pain will decrease.
12. Learning performance drop: Short-term memory is one of the key factors that determine learning outcomes. People who are not getting enough sleep have less short-term memory skills and affect learning outcomes. In addition, Italian studies have shown that it is difficult to concentrate without adequate sleep.
13. Forgetfulness: The less you sleep, the more likely you are forgetful, and the risk of cognitive impairment increases in old age.
14. Old mistakes: The study found that a night without sleep will lead to a 20 to 32 percent increase in digital errors.People who don't get enough sleep are also vulnerable to financial losses
15. Gastrointestinal problem: Reserch found that Lack of sleep can lead to inflammatory bowel disease. People with crohn's disease, if lack of sleep, have twice risk of recurrence.
16. Lower Sex Drive: Sleep deprivation lowers testosterone levels in the body, leading to lower libido
17. High risk of diabetes: Lack of sleep can affect insulin resistance and aggravate type 2 diabetes. In addition, studies have found a correlation between sleep deprivation and diabetes.
18. High risk of heart disease: People who sleep only four hours a day have a higher blood pressure and a greater risk of heart disease than those who sleep eight hours.
19. High risk of cancer: The association between sleep and cancer, the current study is still in the initial stage, but at the moment, lack of sleep does increase the risk of cancer, especially colon cancer and breast cancer.
20. High risk of death: The biggest risk for people with chronic sleep deprivation is increasingobviously in the risk of death within a short period of time.